Author Topic: 2.5 piccy  (Read 4781 times)

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
2.5 piccy
« on: January 15, 2006, 05:25:28 AM »
http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/2491/neatlookingbots3wa.gif

Has to be the coolest thing I've ever seen.  I jacked the life of shots way up (I'm working on that now) and this is what I got.

Is anyone interested in seeing the program so far?  I'd have to wrap up a few loose ends for it to work on many different people's computer, so I don't want to do that quite yet if there's no interest (most things are still not working quite right yet).
« Last Edit: January 15, 2006, 05:39:31 AM by Numsgil »

Offline Light

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
2.5 piccy
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 08:25:02 AM »
looks cool  :)

Offline shvarz

• Bot God
    • View Profile
2.5 piccy
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 12:44:58 AM »
don't wanna spoil the experience :)
"Never underestimate the power of stupid things in big numbers" - Serious Sam

Offline Old Henk

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
2.5 piccy
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2006, 10:14:21 AM »
Nice! :)

BTW where have all the buttons gone?

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
2.5 piccy
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2006, 05:41:35 PM »
I haven't added them yet ;)

Although zoom is controlled by the mouse now, so those buttons won't be needed.

Offline Endy

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
2.5 piccy
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2006, 02:07:19 AM »
I was meaning to ask about that. Could we add Left, right, (left and right)/middle click functions?

How's the speed of the new program? As long as the new shot times don't slow it down too much, I'm all for it. B)

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
2.5 piccy
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2006, 04:57:20 AM »
Shot times were me just screwing around.  They're absolute hell on speed.  I don't see them as real features.

The sim is maybe 20 or 30% faster as is.  That's assuming no graphical dispaly.  OpenGL is a billion times faster than Visual Basic graphics, so there's actually not that huge a speed hit when you turn graphics on.  I've had to artificially limit sim times during testing to be honest.

The real beauty is that I can experiment with different algorithms to make it faster that would have been more difficult with Visual Basic.

We can add any sort of mouse clicks/button combos pretty easy.  The GUI library, once I figured it out, is pretty easy to manipulate.  There are a few frustrating things I still don't understand, but I'm getting there.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2006, 05:04:10 AM by Numsgil »

Offline Endy

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
2.5 piccy
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2006, 05:39:23 PM »
Okay I was just a little bit worried. :)  I gotta admit some of the graphical stuff we're able to do with DB is pretty cool; sometimes its fun just to fool around with using the bots as a giant paint program.

Could we maybe come up with some speed control buttons? Maybe even a input box that users could set.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
2.5 piccy
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2006, 05:53:00 PM »
I think so.  There's definately a need for a way to control the speed now that the graphical display is loads faster.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
2.5 piccy
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2006, 10:13:39 PM »
It's kinda hard to see:

Another picture

The larger bot is normal sized.  The smaller bot has been -6 shooted.  I'm sure it's a bug, I was getting quite a few bots like that.

However, interesting note.  When they're that small, it's absolutely impossible to hit it with a shot.