Author Topic: Metabolism  (Read 8972 times)

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Metabolism
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2005, 02:08:54 AM »
well, in reality 2 enzymes which have just 1 aminoacid different is pretty much related and do simulare things. so I would vote for that they should be simulare, but as a first version it would be more vise to make them different becouse thats easier to make. later on we can make 2 enzymes whit 1 different number almost the same. but why so many as 32 bit? 12 would be more than enough. what more than helping whit the food would the enzymes do?
 :evil: zelos :evil:
« Last Edit: February 27, 2005, 02:19:48 AM by zelos »
When I have the eclipse cannon under my control there is nothing that can stop me from ruling the world. And I wont stop there. I will never stop conquering worlds through the universe. All the worlds in the universe will belong to me. All the species in on them will be my slaves. THE ENIRE UNIVERSE WILL BELONG TO ME AND EVERYTHING IN IT :evil: AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE OF you CAN DO TO STOP ME. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Metabolism
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2005, 08:22:10 AM »
Real enzymes have so many forms it isn't funny.  I'm just trying to model real life.  And 32 bits isn't really that many, that's the length of a standard long.

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Metabolism
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2005, 11:05:41 AM »
but there is a major different from this and real life, we dont have 4,4 billion years on us to wait for a good enzyme ;)  :laugh:
When I have the eclipse cannon under my control there is nothing that can stop me from ruling the world. And I wont stop there. I will never stop conquering worlds through the universe. All the worlds in the universe will belong to me. All the species in on them will be my slaves. THE ENIRE UNIVERSE WILL BELONG TO ME AND EVERYTHING IN IT :evil: AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE OF you CAN DO TO STOP ME. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Metabolism
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2005, 11:04:04 PM »
Okay, here's what I'm thinking:

Enzymes are defined by 32 bits, like this:

52 E8 A0 96

Then the program takes this, turns it into a string of bits, and shuffles those bits in a predefined way.

So if enzymes were 4 bits instead of 32, it might be rearranged like this:

0 = 1st bit
1 = 2nd bit
1 = 3rd bit
0 = 4th bit

New shuffled version:

1st bit in new number = 3rd bit in old number
2nd bit in new number = 1st bit in old number
3rd bit in new number = 2nd bit in old number
4th bit in new number = 4th bit in old number.

Activation sites (the actual part that does the work) is a defined patterns of bits, say 7-9 bits long.  We search the new bit array for these activation sites.  Then we take 3 bits each from the ends of the activation site.

Like this:

01100100110110010101001100101110 ->new enzyme pattern

11001010 is an activation pattern for digesting elemental sulfur.

We find this at position 12 in the enzyme pattern.  We take bits 9,10,11,20,21,and 22.

We combine these 6 bits, using bit shuffling again, into a number.  (might just feed the 6 bits into a random number generator).  This number is in the range of 0 - 64.  This represents its efficiency, with 0 being not working and 64 being absolutely no energy loss in digestion.

This means one enzyme may work at more than one food type, but in order to find an enzyme that really works well you might break its multicapability.  Also means that its difficult to figure out what the original 8 hex codes do to an enzymes workings, so you'll have to run those mutation sims!  Also means that a single mutation of a bit probably won't break the whole enzyme.

A quick side possibility, I could make the enzyme patterns circular.  This would make it more possible to find activation sites in the code.  Real enzymes can be arbitrarily long, and I can't model that.  The circular enzyme patterns are a compromise.

Wish schvarz was here.  He's going to come back and be like "no no no no no no!  You've got it all wrong."  Too bad, that's what you get for going on vacation   :angry:
« Last Edit: February 27, 2005, 11:24:39 PM by Numsgil »

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Metabolism
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2005, 08:56:48 AM »
PY, I can't believe you watch everything I watch, and play everything I play! You're like a 20 year older version of myself

Thanks Num

Make me feel old why don't you?

Truth is I have a daughter who is only a few years behind you in school. She is just finishing up year 10 now and is already recieving regular mail from most of the universities and college across the country.

:D  PY  :D

PS Don't bother growing up. It isn't all it's cracked up to be. I didn't bother and it worked out OK for me  :sly:
There are 10 kinds of people in the world
Those who understand binary.
and those who don't

:D PY :D