Author Topic: Load form  (Read 9348 times)

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Load form
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2005, 01:55:20 PM »
I think he's saying there's some functions in VB called LoadPicture and SavePicture.

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Load form
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2005, 03:13:58 PM »
ok, hes not very good in explaining thing
When I have the eclipse cannon under my control there is nothing that can stop me from ruling the world. And I wont stop there. I will never stop conquering worlds through the universe. All the worlds in the universe will belong to me. All the species in on them will be my slaves. THE ENIRE UNIVERSE WILL BELONG TO ME AND EVERYTHING IN IT :evil: AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE OF you CAN DO TO STOP ME. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Load form
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2005, 12:52:34 PM »
could you nums explain better what he means by those things? I dont get it
When I have the eclipse cannon under my control there is nothing that can stop me from ruling the world. And I wont stop there. I will never stop conquering worlds through the universe. All the worlds in the universe will belong to me. All the species in on them will be my slaves. THE ENIRE UNIVERSE WILL BELONG TO ME AND EVERYTHING IN IT :evil: AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE OF you CAN DO TO STOP ME. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Load form
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2005, 01:02:45 PM »
There are functions in VB called SavePicture and LoadPicture.  That's all I know.  I presume they load and save pictures to an imagebox.

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Load form
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2005, 04:57:01 PM »
Again. You should look at the code in Darwinbots for how to do this.

Just look at the object for MDIForm1 then click the menu bar, look for the bit that allows the user to set a background image from a file then click it to see what the code says.

I can't remember exactly how it all works but I do know that Form1 has a member called BackPic into which a bitmap is loaded.

I solved all these issues way back. You will just have to check my code to see how.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world
Those who understand binary.
and those who don't

:D PY :D

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Load form
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2005, 01:18:55 AM »
ive looked at it, but it uses images stored in the program, I wanna use pictures that is ina seperated file outside the program

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Load form
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2005, 04:43:48 AM »
There are functions in VB called SavePicture and LoadPicture.  That's all I know.  I presume they load and save pictures to an imagebox.
Again, these functions do what you want, I'm just not sure on sytnax or how you use them exactly.

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Load form
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2005, 02:34:09 AM »
ok I´ll give it a shot, is it possible to turn the picture like 90°?

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Load form
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2005, 12:14:03 PM »
but it uses images stored in the program

No it doesn't!

The background image function in DarwinBots loads any picture file from any location that you have it stored in.

It has nothing to do with stuff stored in the program. In fact there ARE no picture files stored in the program. Period!
and those who don't

Offline Griz

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Load form
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2005, 02:43:08 PM »
but it uses images stored in the program

No it doesn't!

The background image function in DarwinBots loads any picture file from any location that you have it stored in.

It has nothing to do with stuff stored in the program. In fact there ARE no picture files stored in the program. Period!
still have a problem with 'sizing' them to fit the 'field' ...
any hints?
不知
~griz~
[/color]
   "The selection of Random Numbers is too important to be left to Chance"
The Mooj  a friend to all humanity
[/color]

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Load form
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2005, 03:04:08 PM »
Now that IS a problem.

I never really figured this one out, even after many hours of trying.

As best as I can tell there is no way to resize a picture on a form. But there is a way to "stretch" a picture if it is in a image object such as a picturebox.

Still never got it to work satisfactorily though.  :(
and those who don't